How is it possible to "Look Around?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How is it possible to "Look Around?"

Post by Echo_Delta_Oscar on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 am

I stumbled upon this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9HWO5cwZqY

It seems clear that the pilot of the leading aircraft, from which the scene was recorded can turn is head 360 degrees without moving the core chip, since the aircraft seems stable during the entire video, which would be impossible if the core chip was moving.

Does anyone know the command to look around in real time while keeping the core steady?
Echo_Delta_Oscar
Hover
Hover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How is it possible to "Look Around?"

Post by RA2lover on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 am

he can either use a scenario to control the camera, a mechanism which rotates the core along 3 axis just to make sure it remains aerodynamic(unlikely because the core doesn't roll) or just a way to counter the forces through a script.

out of all of them, i believe the scenario solution is the easiest to implement.
RA2lover
Walker
Walker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RA2lover on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 am

IMPORTANT UPDATE: japanese folks seem to be creating homebrew versions of rigidchips.
after some lurking i found Stolichnaya - an unofficial fan-made patch allowing some scenario functions to work while being accessed through chips.

with a patched version i got to control camera position and direction but not rotation:-/

EDIT: there's also Smirnoff(apparently a GDI+ based drawing library) and Spirytus(apparently an input/constants library with drawing functions and other features i'm looking forward to, such as modifying terminal velocity) - but i cant find the download links for those.

EDIT2 - bwansy reminded me of _SETVIEWUP.
RA2lover
Walker
Walker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum